Born in 1975, in Singapore to a deceptively ordinary middle-class family.
An extra-ordinarily difficult childhood was followed by an onslaught of Guillain–Barré syndrome in the year 2000. I was paralysed from chest-down for nine months.
I was given a second life after learning how to walk, eat, sit, defecate and urinate. The early period of my life taught me that it is as precious as a young seedling in the frosty spring morning.
For every day of our life, we should live, love, learn, explore – and create.
Social Media Marketing
- 1988 - 1991: Anglican High School
- 1992 - 1993: Tampines Junior College
- 1994: National Parks Board - PR & Marketing Intern
- 1996 - 2000: National University of Singapore - B.A. (Hons) Arts & Social Sciences in European Studies
- 1998: Singapore National Employers' Federation - Marketing Intern
- 2001: Asia-Europe Foundation - Moderator, 4th Asia-Europe Summer University
- 2001: National Council of Social Services - Disability Executive - Development of the national disability portal
- 2001 - 2002: Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris - Masters in International Relations
- 2002 - 2013: Education International - Digital Communications Coordinator - Head of department for internal & external communications and campaigns with UN organisations.
- 2014: European Commission - External web consultant - Main institutional portal of europe.eu
- 2014-NOW: GPLUS - Head of Digital - Lead of all digital services such as online reputation, social media campaigns, web strategies.
"We will ask the critics to be serious for once, and remind them that it was not so long ago that the Greeks thought – as most of the – that it was shocking and ridiculous for . When the Cretans, and later the Spartans, first began to take exercise naked, wasn’t there plenty of material for the wit of the comedians of the day?"'The Republic' - Plato (380 BC)