Born in 1975, in Singapore to a deceptively ordinary middle-class family.
An extra-ordinarily difficult childhood was followed by an onslaught of Guillain–Barré syndrome in the year 2000. I was paralysed from chest-down for nine months.
I was given a second life after learning how to walk, eat, sit, defecate and urinate. The early period of my life taught me that it is as precious as a young seedling in the frosty spring morning.
For every day of our life, we should live, love, learn, explore – and create.
Social Media Marketing
- 1988 - 1991: Anglican High School
- 1992 - 1993: Tampines Junior College
- 1994: National Parks Board - PR & Marketing Intern
- 1996 - 2000: National University of Singapore - B.A. (Hons) Arts & Social Sciences in European Studies
- 1998: Singapore National Employers' Federation - Marketing Intern
- 2001: Asia-Europe Foundation - Moderator, 4th Asia-Europe Summer University
- 2001: National Council of Social Services - Disability Executive - Development of the national disability portal
- 2001 - 2002: Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris - Masters in International Relations
- 2002 - 2013: Education International - Digital Communications Coordinator - Head of department for internal & external communications and campaigns with UN organisations.
- 2014: European Commission - External web consultant - Main institutional portal of europe.eu
- 2014-2017: GPLUS - Head of Digital - Lead of all digital services such as online reputation, social media campaigns, web strategies.
- 2017-NOW: Centre for European Studies CEPS - Head of Communications
"We will ask the critics to be serious for once, and remind them that it was not so long ago that the Greeks thought – as most of the – that it was shocking and ridiculous for . When the Cretans, and later the Spartans, first began to take exercise naked, wasn’t there plenty of material for the wit of the comedians of the day?"'The Republic' - Plato (380 BC)